1. Unifrax to acquire Lydall in US$1.3 billion deal
High-performance materials provider Unifrax signs definitive agreements to acquire Lydall Inc, the specialty filtration materials and advanced material solutions company.
2. Filtration Group acquires Columbus Industries
Filtration Group buys Columbus Industries, a global provider of air filtration products for indoor residential and commercial applications.
3. Evonik supplies green membranes to biogas plant
Germany's largest biogas plant for bio-LNG production, operated by EnviTec Biogas, is using Evonik’s SEPURAN Green membrane technology for its biogas upgrading.
4. Pentair to acquire Pleatco Filtration
Pentair plc enters into a definitive agreement to acquire Pleatco, a US manufacturer of water filtration and clean air technologies for pool, spa and industrial air applications, in a US$255 million cash transaction.
5. Xebec Adsorption acquires UK’s Tiger Filtration
Canadian clean energy solutions provider Xebec Adsorption Inc buys Tiger Filtration (TFL), a UK-based manufacturer of alternative filter elements, housings and bespoke filtration solutions for the compressed air and gas industry.
6. Suez finalises acquisition of Lanxess’s membrane business
Suez completes the purchase of the reverse osmosis (RO) membrane product line from specialty chemical company Lanxess.
7. Glanris raises US$2mn to produce filtration media from rice hulls
Glanris raises a US$2 million Series A round from investors Riceland, Pittco Capital, Innova and Sage for what it says is the world’s first green, hybrid water filtration media.
8. Sulzer to buy Sweden’s Nordic Water
Sulzer AG signs a binding agreement to acquire Swedish water treatment technology company Nordic Water in a SEK1.2 deal.
9. Mann+Hummel and Alba Group extend filter roof box partnership
Filtration specialist Mann+Hummel and recycling and environmental services company Alba Group expand their partnership to tackle vehicle emissions.
10. Grundfos to acquire US water technology company MECO
Grundfos enters into an agreement to acquire Mechanical Equipment Company Inc (MECO), a US group that engineers and manufactures water purification solutions for a range of industries.