1. SPX Flow initiates sale of Power and Energy business
SPX Flow Inc announced plans to narrow its strategic focus on process solutions and divest its Power and Energy business.
2. First commercial installation for Suez’s new membrane gravity filter system
Suez made the first commercial installation of its new membrane gravity filter (MGF) system at a water treatment plant at the Glacier Club in Colorado, USA.
3. Singapore start-up Memsift wins first commercial EPC contract
Memsift Innovations Pte Ltd, a Singapore-based technology start-up, secured its first commercial engineering procurement and construction (EPC) contract.
4. Suez UF membranes chosen for Israeli WWTP
Suez ZeeWeed 1000 Ultrafiltration (UF) membranes were selected for use in the largest tertiary ultrafiltration system in Israel.
5. Pentair to acquire Aquion and Pelican Water Systems
Pentair plc entered into definitive agreements to acquire US water treatment equipment companies Aquion and Pelican Water Systems.
6. Kurita Water Industries acquires Avista Technologies
Japanese water treatment solutions supplier Kurita Water Industries Ltd announced that it was acquiring San Marcos, California-headquartered Avista Technologies Inc together with its affiliate Avista Technologies (UK) Ltd.
7. Micronics opens new filtration media facility in Chattanooga
The Micronics Engineered Filtration Group opened a new dedicated filter media facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA for liquid and dry filtration.
8. New CEO for Suez Water Technologies & Solutions
Suez appointed Yuvbir Singh as CEO of its Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS) division, effective 8 April 2019, succeeding Heiner Markhoff.
9. Mann+Hummel: preliminary 2018 results
Filtration specialist Mann+Hummel reported preliminary revenues of approximately €4 billion for 2018, up 1.7% year-on-year.
10. Meissner Filtration to open its first European manufacturing facility in Ireland
Meissner Filtration Products is establishing a new manufacturing facility in Castlebar, County Mayo, Ireland. This will be Meissner’s first manufacturing facility in Europe.