M&A in the filtration and separation sector remained strong in the third quarter. Announced or completed deals that Filtration+Separation has covered are outlined here, with links to the original stories on www.filtsep.com
• Italmatch Chemicals buys French filtration startup Magpie Polymers
Italy’s Italmatch Chemicals acquired Magpie Polymers, a French startup that has developed an advanced and patented technology for selective filtration to recover precious metals.
• Evoqua acquires Olson Irrigation Systems
Evoqua Water Technologies bought Olson Irrigation Systems, a US designer and producer of filters and irrigation components for the agriculture and industrial markets.
• New owner for mobile filtration technology provider Desotec
EQT Partners' EQT VII fund entered into an agreement to acquire Desotec from private equity firm AAC Capital Partners and other minority owners. Roeselare, Belgium-headquartered Desotec specialises in mobile industrial filtration technology and pioneered the market for mobile activated carbon filters.
• Edgewater Funds and Duchossois Capital partner with Brandon Ost to acquire Viskon-Aire
Edgewater Funds, Duchossois Capital Management and Air Filtration Holdings CEO Brandon Ost collectively acquired Viskon-Aire Corp.
• Emefcy and RWL Water merge and form Fluence
Emefcy Group Ltd and RWL Water LLC completed their merger and established Fluence Corp Ltd.
• Align Capital Partners invests in Pleatco
US private equity firm Align Capital Partners made a growth investment in family-owned filtration products supplier Pleatco LLC.
• Italy’s GVS to acquire Kuss Filtration
Italian microfiltration company GVS SpA entered into an agreement to acquire Kuss Filtration Inc from private equity firm Industrial Opportunity Partners.
• Mann+Hummel to acquire Jack Filter
The Mann+Hummel Group signed a binding agreement to acquire Jack Filter Lufttechnik and Jack Filter Hungaria, expanding its product portfolio in HVAC and HEPA filters.
• Merck to acquire Natrix Separations
Merck KGaA is buying Natrix Separations Inc, the Canadian supplier of hydrogel membrane products for single-use chromatography.
US Water Services Inc acquired Tonka Water, a Plymouth, Minnesota-based supplier of municipal and industrial water treatment systems.
• De.mem to acquire Australia’s Akwa-Worx
Singapore-based water treatment company De.mem Ltd signed a binding purchase agreement to acquire Queensland, Australia-headquartered Akwa-Worx.
• Japan’s Kuraray to acquire Calgon Carbon
Japanese specialty chemical company Kuraray Co Ltd is to acquire the US activated carbon manufacturer Calgon Carbon Corp in a deal valued at more than US$1.3 billion.
• Camfil acquires Danish filtration company Nomitec
Camfil AB continues to strengthen its position in the Nordic market with the acquisition of the Danish air filtration company Nomitec AS.
• Suez completes GE Water acquisition
French utility Suez, together with Canadian institutional investor Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), sealed its acquisition of GE Water & Process Technologies in a US$3.4 billion deal.