• Porvair makes US acquisition
Porvair plc bought JG Finneran Associates Inc (JGF), a Vineland, New Jersey, USA-based manufacturer of specialist laboratory consumables including filters, vials, microplates, closures and ancillary products.
• Entegris acquires microelectronics filtration product line from W L Gore
Entegris Inc purchased W L Gore & Associates’ water and chemical filtration product line for microelectronics applications in a deal valued at around US$20 million.
• Donaldson buys Hy-Pro Filtration
Donaldson Co Inc acquired Hy-Pro Corp, an Anderson, Indiana-based manufacturer of filtration systems and replacement filters for stationary hydraulic and industrial lubrication filtration applications.
• Pentair closes sale of Valves & Controls business
Pentair plc completed the sale of its Valves & Controls business to Emerson Electric Co in a US$3.15 billion deal.
• Emefcy to merge with RWL Water
Emefcy Group Ltd signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to merge with RWL Water LLC in an all-stock transaction, forming a new global water solutions company called Fluence Corporation Ltd. The merger was completed in July 2017.
• Evoqua to acquire Noble Water Technologies
Evoqua Water Technologies agreed to purchase Noble Water Technologies, a Dallas, Texas-based provider of high purity water equipment, systems and service, service deionization and resin regeneration.
• Hadley Capital acquires Summit Filter and Shaffer Products
Private equity firm Hadley Capital bought US filter bag manufacturers Summit Filter Corp and Shaffer Products Inc.
• Repligen to acquire bioprocess filtration specialist Spectrum
Life sciences company Repligen Corp entered into a definitive agreement to merge with privately-held bioprocess filtration specialist Spectrum Inc in a cash and share deal valued at US$359 million.
• CCMP Capital and MSD Partners to acquire Hayward Industries
A partnership led by CCMP Capital Advisors LP and MSD Partners LP and including Alberta Investment Management Corp, entered into a definitive agreement to acquire pool equipment manufacturer Hayward Industries Inc.
First quarter 2017 mergers and acquisitions are listed here.