KMS provides membranes for Russia

1 min read

The system is designed for an average flow of 24,000 m3/d (6.3M GPD), with peaks of up to 28,800 m3/d (7.6M GPD). Start-up is scheduled for 2015.

The existing conventional wastewater treatment plant at the large oil refinery had to be replaced by a membrane bioreactor system to meet tightened discharge regulations. Some 90% of the wastewater fed into the MBR is industrial, while the remaining 10% is sanitary wastewater generated by the refinery’s camps and offices.

KMS’ submerged PURON modules were selected because of their energy efficient design, the small footprint requirements, and the strong braided fibre, which reduces the risk of fibre breakage.

Installation assistance

KMS’ scope of supply includes the PURON PSH1500 membrane modules, all pumps and blowers, and the complete equipment package for the bioreactors with fine bubble diffused aeration, mixers and circulation pumps. Also included are complete MBR plant instrumentation, process logic control, motor control cabinet, and chemical dosing systems, as well as installation and commissioning assistance.