The Thermax-SPX joint venture will initially market three core Balcke-Dürr product lines: rotary heat exchangers, electrostatic precipitators and pulse jet bag filters for power plants.

Thermax will own a majority 51% in the Pune, India-based joint venture, while SPX will hold the remaining 49%. The two companies have worked together since 2007, when Thermax first became a licensee of SPX’s Balcke-Dürr sub-300 MW electrostatic precipitator technology for smaller power stations. The new joint venture will now be able to provide this technology to power plants of any size, including much larger facilities exceeding 300 MW.
 
“While we are initially focused on bringing three of our proven lines of products into India, we plan to work with Thermax to develop new products tailored specifically to meet the needs of prospective customers in India and Southeast Asia,” said Drew Ladau, SPX segment president.