Andritz is to provide equipment and processes for the main process islands in fibre production and chemical recovery for UPM’s new pulp mill being built near Paso de los Toros in central Uruguay.
The Andritz scope of supply includes:
- A complete wood processing plant;
- The world’s largest single-line Fiberline;
- An EvoDry pulp drying system;
- An energy-efficient black liquor evaporation plant;
- A HERB recovery boiler;
- A biomass power boiler based on Andritz EcoFluid bubbling fluidized bed (BFB) technology;
- A white liquor plant. The new recausticizing plant includes green liquor filtration with LimeGreen filters.
The eucalyptus pulp mill will have an annual production capacity of 2.1 million tonnes and is scheduled for start-up in the second half of 2022.