The Centrisys contract was bid in partnership with Jett Industries Inc, a general contractor focused on constructing and modifying water and wastewater treatment facilities.
The NYC wastewater treatment facility locations covered in Centrisys’ maintenance and repair contract include:
- Bowery Bay, Upper East River, Queens – 4 CP4-1 centrifuges
- Newton Creek, East River, Brooklyn – 24 BSC3114 thickeners
- Oakwood Beach, NYC Bay, Staten Island – 4 CP4-1.1 centrifuges
- Red Hook, East River, Brooklyn – 2 SC3-3 centrifuges
- North River, Hudson, New York – 1 BSC5-2 centrifuge
- 26th Ward, Jamaica Bay, Brooklyn – 16 CP4-1 centrifuges
- Wards Island, Upper East River, New York – 16 CS26-4 2PH centrifuges
- Hunts Point, Upper East River, Bronx – 16 CS26-4 2PH centrifuges
The NYC Department of Environmental Protection manages 14 wastewater resource recovery facilities that treat 1.3 billion gallons of wastewater daily. The treatment system consists of over 6000 miles of sewer pipes, 135 000 sewer catch basins, over 495 permitted outfalls for the discharge of combined sewer overflows, and 95 wastewater pumping stations that transport to the wastewater resource recovery facilities located throughout the city’s five boroughs. New York City’s sludge is digested and transformed to biogas, with the leftover solids dewatered.
“Centrisys has built a remarkable relationship with the NYC Department of Environmental Protection as we have collaborated on significant projects together in recent years,” said Michael Kopper, president and CEO of Centrisys. “In 2020, we announced the installation of 32 American-made CS26-4 Centrisys decanter centrifuges at NYC’s largest wastewater treatment plants. We appreciate their trust in our team and look forward to further supporting NYC with our maintenance and repair expertise in the years ahead.”