HOPE (Hydrogen Offshore Production for Europe) is the world's largest offshore project of its kind. To maximize wind energy utilization and minimize energy losses, the consortium is pioneering green hydrogen production offshore. The production unit and export and distribution infrastructure are scheduled to go live in mid-2026.
Alfa Laval will provide gasketed plate heat exchangers and its low-energy water purification system, harnessing electrolyser-generated heat.
The HOPE consortium comprises:
- Alfa Laval (Denmark): Supply of the seawater treatment system
- Lhyfe (France): Engineering, equipment procurement
- Plug (Netherlands): Supply and engineering of the 10MW electrolyser
- EDP NEW (Portugal): Optimization of operations and impact analysis
- POM West-Vlaanderen (Belgium): Project implementation support in the testing area
- CEA (France): Optimization of operations via digital simulation
- Strohm (Netherlands): Supply of the subsea flexible thermoplastic composite pipeline (TCP)
- DWR eco (Germany): Communication and dissemination of project results throughout Europe
- ERM – Element Energy (France): Coordination support